Twitter hours have transformed how we connect with businesses, a networking based forum to discuss general business, pitch for work, sharing good news to promoting events and offers.
Here's our top tips to network on Northern Ireland's latest tweet chat #CastlereaghHour starting on Tuesday 24th January 2017 between 9pm-10pm. The conversation will continue each week on the same day and time.
1. Mundane to you? Everyone thinks they do a run-of-the-mill job. To others it’s madly interesting. Tell them what you do.
2. Tweet even the little things. Tell people about the meeting you’ve been to, the new business you’ve won or how you’ve just helped someone. It all builds a picture.
3. A picture tells 1,000 words. When you’ve only got a limited number of characters, a picture can come in handy. People like pictures. They get shared more too.
4. Take a video. You can create super videos on Instagram and link them to your tweet.
5. Take some audio. Soundcloud is an awesome app that lets you record people talking. Ask someone to say who they are, what they do and what they are doing today. Then share it.
6. Share some content. Press the retweet button and share what other people are doing.
7. Ask a question. Ask what people think. Ask for people’s own experiences.
8. Build it and they will come is silly. Go offline. Tell people about it. Email them. Put it in team briefings. Shout. Shout. Let it all out.
9. Ask people to do something. Don’t just let the day be just noise. Get people involved
10. Don't forget to use the hashtag #CastlereaghHour in every tweet so all those participating in the chat can follow your conversation.
If you have something going on in your business and would like some advice on raising awareness or help with your social media content drop Chris Love, owner of Love PR a tweet @chrislove1 or an email email@example.com